Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter go to;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/10-21-2013.html

   
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest , and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
Revelation 3:19, 20

          Monday October 14 th ~
     Published from Old-Timer-Gene's apartment in Wakeeney, Kansas. Then drove east.
          Tuesday October 15 th ~
     In LaCrosse, Kansas I sang in the Hospital long term care facility. The AD (Darlene) contacted the pastor of the "First Christian Church" in town who came by and invited me to speak to the youth group they minister to on Wednesday afternoons.
          Wednesday October 16 th ~
     Sang at the "Locust Grove Village" nursing home here in LaCrosse just before their exercise time. Then in the afternoon, at the "First Christian Church" I had the privilege of ministering to about 50 kindergarten age children in the sanctuary. What a joy. I only sang a few songs. Mostly I engaged them in question & answer interaction. They were especially enamored with the idea of someone living in a minivan.
     Mark (the pastor) told me that the majority of these kids are in families with unbelieving parents. About 10% of them will continue coming to church as they grow older. He said there is one family of kids ranging from a high school senior down to little ones who get themselves dressed and to church every Sunday without their parents help. Praise God!
     What an awesome ministry, giving these kids a chance for some Spiritual Root.
          Thursday October 17 th ~
     Sang at the "River Bend" assisted living facility in Great Bend, Kansas.
          Friday October 18 th ~
     Woke up to a rain/snow mix coming down this morning. Got over to the "Great Bend Health & Rehab Center" where I was able to minister in the Alzheimer's Unit.
          Saturday October 19 th ~
     Day of Rest.
          Sunday October 20 th ~
     In Lyons, Kansas I attended the Nazarene church where I was given the opportunity to share a Special. Then settled in for the evening at the town's free campground which also had a Luke-warm to cold shower. Burr!

And so begins another week.  
           May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Yours in Christ, Larry
Book        Cd's        mp3 Downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive