Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/4-14-2014.html

   
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23:1-6


          Monday April 7 th ~
       Pretty intense storm last night, here at the Lake Lurleen State Park near Coker, Alabama. Knocked down trees and power-lines all around. The church I was at yesterday had it's sign and steeple destroyed. Yet, their internet was still up and running which helped me to publish the newsletter.
          Tuesday April 8 th ~
     Having crossed into Mississippi I stopped in Columbus and ministered at the "Vineyard Court Nursing Center" for a predominantly African American group of staff and residents. We had a joyful time together.
          Wednesday April 9 th ~
     Sang at the "Providence Assisted Living" facility in Grenada, Mississippi.
          Thursday April 10 th ~
     A bit further north I was able to minister at the "Providence Retirement Community" in Senatobia, Mississippi. First, for a rather large group of highly cognitive residents, then over in their Alzheimer's Unit for a smaller group.
     The activity director presented me with some gas money attached to a very sweet note from several of the staff members, and even sent me off with a delicious ham sandwich to-go.
          Friday April 11 th ~
     Cut across the northeast corner of Arkansas to Thayer, Missouri where I was able to share with some folks at the "Shady Oaks" nursing home. Then on to MaComb, Missouri where I've graciously been given access to the Baptist church building's kitchen and shower facilities as well as their wifi.
          Saturday April 12 th ~
     Four weeks ago I was here at the Baptist church in MaComb when I got the call from Sarah in Alabama (700 miles south) offering their camper van to the ministry.
     Spent a good part of today working on the laptop in the building. Then took a long walk along country lanes on this cool sunny day.
          Sunday April 13 th ~
     Attended the Cowboy Church nearby where I was given the honor of sharing some songs and testimony.
     Then got back over to the Baptist church in time to share during their morning worship service, as well as their evening service.
     Got invited out to dinner afterwards, then Phil & Sue brought me back to the church where some kind of tornado had blown through (Pictures).
     Knocked off the front spoiler of the van and put some dents in the back passenger side. Messed up that side of the church building pretty bad as well.
      
And so begins another week.  

May The Lord Our God

Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Yours in Christ, Larry
P.S.    To God be the Glory!

Book        Cd's        mp3 Downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive