Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;

www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/8-18-2014.html

   "This is what the LORD says-- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and lay out before me what has happened since I established my ancient people, and what is yet to come-- yes, let them foretell what will come. Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."
Isaiah 44:6-8

          Monday August 11 th ~
     Ministered at the nursing home in Junction City, Oregon.
          Tuesday August 12 th ~
     Enjoyed a sweet visit with Brother Matt, then sang at the "Terpening Terrace" facility in Eugene, Oregon for an enthusiastic group of residents and staff who sang along, giving me encouragement all along the way.
          Wednesday August 13 th ~
     Drove to Reedsport, Oregon where I've been given a place to park at the Foursquare church for many years now.
          Thursday August 14 th ~
     Enjoyed some fellowship time with old friends, including a music night at the Methodist church where I was able to share a few songs.
          Friday August 15 th ~
     Assembled another one-hundred Cd's for handing out in nursing homes, and sang in the extended care section of the hospital here in Reedsport for about thirteen folks. One fella was very attentive, lying in a mobile bed. About half way through I noticed him start mouthing the words to the songs I was singing. Found out later that he'd had a stroke and could not talk. Amazing.
          Saturday August 16 th ~
     Assembled the Temporary Recording Studio at Deb's house and did a bunch of recording work. Deb Nichols is blind. She has a sweet singing voice and awesome keyboard abilities. She has contributed her talents to a number of songs in the last few Cd's. Today we worked on four of mine, then put together a song featuring her exclusively, on all the tracts. Click to hear.
          Sunday August 17 th ~
     Attended worship services at the Foursquare church here in Reedsport where I enjoyed the honor of sharing a bit.
     By the way, today is the ten year anniversary of the ministry. August 17, 2004 I ministered at a nursing home in Austin, Texas and hit the road shortly thereafter.  
    
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Yours in Christ, Larry

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive