Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;

www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/12-1-2014.html

   Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home."
Mark 6:4

          Monday November 24 th ~
     After publishing the newsletter I got over to Brother George's house here in Austin, Texas where we found a place to put the back-up guitar in the van.
     About a year before my mother passed away, she gave me my dad's guitar. He'd passed the year before that. At the time it needed some major restoration. So I left it with George, a very talented meticulous craftsman. He did a fantastic repair job and kept it safe for me the past few years.
     Living in the minivans, I only had room for one guitar and the Martin was the more appropriate tool for the ministry. But now with this large camper van I can enjoy this inheritance. For those who know about such things, this is a Vintage Classic 1969 Gibson Hummingbird.
          Tuesday November 25 th ~
     Ministered at the "Southpark Meadows" nursing home in Austin. While roaming the corridors strumming the guitar I spotted some double glass doors near the end of one hallway with a lady on the other side shaking the whole structure, apparently wanting out. I went on into this small Alzheimer's Unit and sang a bit for the five residents before returning to the main dinning room to sing for a large group of about thirty.
          Wednesday November 26 th ~
     Drove to my cousins country home near Round Top, Texas where I'd been invited to share the Thanksgiving holiday time.
          Thursday November 27 th ~
     Thanksgiving Day! Food and fun.
          Friday November 28 th ~
     Drove to Schulenburg, Texas and sang at the nursing home, first in the main lobby for a rather large group of folks, then into the Alzheimer's Unit for ten residents and three staff members.
          Saturday November 29 th ~
     On to some cousin's house in Yoakum, Texas for a sweet day of eating and visiting.
          Sunday November 30 th ~
     Attended services at a little country church outside of Victoria, Texas where I got to say hi to some kinfolk. Then to an evening service in Hallettsville, Texas where some more cousins live.
    
And so begins another week.


May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive