Sunday, October 11, 2015

October 12, 2015

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/10-12-2015.html

   The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.
Isaiah 29:13

          Monday October 5 th ~
     Started the week in Osceola, Nebraska at the home of friends' Bill & Jo where I published, accessing their wifi.
          Tuesday October 6 th ~
     Said my goodbyes to this awesome couple and drove south to Geneva, Nebraska where I was able to minister at the "Heritage Crossing" assisted living facility at the end of their devotion time in the chapel.
          Wednesday October 7 th ~
     Crossed the border into Kansas and sang at the nursing home in the town of Lincoln.
          Thursday October 8 th ~
     In Great Bend, Kansas I sang in the Alzheimer's Section at one of the nursing homes. One of the rare times I've had to stop singing and walk over to some staff members to ask them to tone down their loud talking which was causing a distraction for the residents.
     A bit further southwest in Larned, Kansas I pulled into an older Mobil Home/RV Park where the sweet couple running the place gave me a free night's parking as a donation. Lovely!
          Friday October 9 th ~
     Continued west to Garden City, Kansas where I ministered at the "Homestead" nursing home for about eleven residents as well as quite a few staff members who were popping in and out.
          Saturday October 10 th ~
     Spent the day and night at a place named "Beymer Park" just outside of Lakin, Kansas. It was originally a sand-pit which was donated to the city and turned into a large camping/picnic area including a shower house which is open for another week, before they turn off the hot water for the winter. With electric hookups and only ten dollars a night, I spent this warm day going for walks and doing some writing.
          Sunday October 11 th ~
     Crossed the border into Colorado and attended two different churches this morning in the town of Lamar.
     Found a campground with wifi, but it's a bit slow, so I decided to go ahead and publish the newsletter this afternoon while it's working fairly well.
         
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive