Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/4-11-2016.html

    "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the islands will put their hope."
Isaiah 42:1-4
         
          Monday April 4 th ~

     Started this week in Grinnell, Iowa where I published from the library. Then drove east into Illinois.
          Tuesday April 5 th ~
     Stopped in El Paso, Illinois and sang at their "Health Center". This facility seems to specialize in residents of all ages dealing with mental issues.
     They had me in a small room with five residents. As I started, I could see through the window about fifty residents line-up outside where a staff member would give each (one-at-a-time) a cigarette and light it for them.
     Eventually about five more came into the room I was in.
     Kind of sad, in some ways.
          Wednesday April 6 th ~
     Having crossed into Indiana I hooked up with old friends at the Nazarene church in Logansport.
     During mid-week services I was given the opportunity to share a bit.
          Thursday April 7 th ~
     Rain, snow & sleet most all day. Got to spend some time with old friends.
          Friday April 8 th ~
     Ministered at the "Mckinney Place" assisted living facility in town.
          Saturday April 9 th ~
     Woke up to snow on the ground. Guess I went too far north, too quick. This year.
     Enjoyed dinner-out with old friends' Rod & Cheryl.
          Sunday April 10 th ~
     During morning worship services here at the Nazarene church I was given the honor of contributing a Special. Then got over to Horace & Linda's (previous pastor) for a delicious lunch.
     Attended evening services, then joined several members for a little fellowship at Arbys.
    
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive