Monday, May 14, 2018

Logansport, Indiana

Apartheid Museum

Apartheid Museum

Staff at Marion Lodge

"Methodist Home For The Aged" Johannesburg, South Africa
     The highway of the upright avoids evil; those who guard their ways preserve their lives.
Proverbs 16:17


             Monday May 7 th ~
     Started this week in Johannesburg, South Africa where I was able to share with some folks at the "Methodist Home For The Aged". They had me in their chapel and brought folks from the frail-care section of this facility. I noticed several singing along from time to time.
     The lodge I've been staying at offers about 7 different evening meals for their guest. Most days I've been eating cheaply with grocery store items. But tonight I had their "Classic South African Meal". Pretty good.
          Tuesday May 8 th ~
     My last full day in-country. Drove to south Joburg and toured the "Apartheid Museum". Rather powerful and informative.
     This trip is my first experience using GPS for navigating streets in this massive city. Would have had a tough time without it.
     Topped off the gas tank and returned the rental car; undamaged. Praise God!
     A 2 kilometer walk back to the lodge followed by a relaxing evening.
          Wednesday May 9 th ~
     Spent the morning packing and picture taking with the staff. Their driver (Samuel) took me to the airport where to my surprise check-in personnel insisted I carry-on the guitar as a personal item. Said if I checked it as baggage I'd have to sign a wavier releasing them from liability if it got stolen or damaged.
     Sure enough, on this plane and the next one, there was room for it in a coat closet at the front of the cabin.
     So, by the time I boarded the plane in Joburg at 8:00pm I'd already been awake for 13 and a half hours. Then 16 hours of flying to Atlanta with only 2 very short cat-naps sitting in that seat.
          Thursday May 10 th ~
     At 6:00am we arrived in Atlanta along with a bunch of others going through customs. Took almost an hour.
     A 3 hour layover, then on to the final plane to Indianapolis where my friend Jeff was waiting to pick me up. A 2 hour drive to Logansport where I moved back into the camper van.
     Dog tired, but unable to go to sleep immediately, I got online to check the bank statement where I discovered a couple of fraudulent charges from South Africa to the tune of 2400 dollars. Got on the phone to the bank. They cancelled the card and overnight-ed a new one to my present location.
     Finally to bed about 6:00 pm. Whew!
          Friday May 11 th ~
     Got enough sleep last night to feel relatively refreshed. Over to Walmart for supplies, then to "Mckinney Place" Senior Living where I was able to minister for about 16 residents.
          Saturday May 12 th ~
     Domestic chores; laundry and such. And rest.
          Sunday May 13 th ~
     Attended the "Mothers Day" service at the Nazarene church here in Logansport.
     Lunch with dear friends' Horace and Linda. 
      
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!

Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

To Donate (Love Offering) Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive