Thursday, December 19, 2019

Laurel, Mississippi

Salem Heights Baptist Church
D.J. Benson

Troy
 

Salem Heights Baptist Church”
Laurel, Mississippi

      About eight years ago as I was working my way east through Mississippi I spotted this church which is right next to the highway. I pulled in because one of the things I have to find as I minister across the country is places to get showers. And I figured there was a chance they'd have one.
 
     Sure enough, I met the senior pastor D.J. Benson who embraced my ministry and graciously gave me access to their shower. In fact, over the years they have given me a set of keys for convenient entree into the facility.

      For the past five years my route has put me here around Christmas time. A time of year when this relatively large church has a slew of social activities centered mostly around delicious meals in their fellowship hall for a variety of groups including at different times seniors, various classroom groups, staff, deacons and their traditional Wednesday evening fellowship dinner.

      With an RV hookup beside the church building, access to the shower and a number of nursing homes in town; I'm able to stick around the area for a bit longer then normal.

 
Look for these messages on the Blog and Facebook.

To send a friend request on Facebook search my full name.
Larry Eugene Stevens.


May God Bless You!
Yours in Christ, Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive