Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Eufaula, Alabama

"Thankful Baptist Church"

Alabama
Eufaula, Alabama

      In this part of the country there are still many churches with no ethnic diversity. Most (but not all) are all white, all black, etc.
 
     Four years ago I attended the “Thankful Baptist Church” here in Eufaula, Alabama. These folks had never seen or met me before. I was the only non-African American in the congregation. They very graciously invited me to share a bit before the sermon and even provided a love offering for the ministry at the end of the service.

Which was rather humbling, because:
      
     Early in the meeting when they took up their regular offering, I placed a twenty dollar bill in the plate which was my tithe for that particular week.
     The young man leaned down and asked if I needed change.

Opened my eyes to the relative poor circumstance of these dear folks.

      This year I was out early enough Sunday morning to sing at the nursing home in town for a half hour before driving over to this same church where I was again given the opportunity to share a bit.


May God Bless You!
Yours in Christ,
Larry Eugene Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive