Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/8-24-2015.html

   Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:8-13

          Monday August 17 th ~
     Published the newsletter from the Nazarene Church in North Bend, Oregon.
     I've been parked and plugged in here for a few days. Tonight, along about 3:00 am, local police knocked on the van, waking me up to ask if I had permission to be here. Thankfully they believed me when I said, "Yes".
     By the way; today is the eleven year anniversary of this ministry. On August 17, 2004 I sang at the first nursing home in Austin, Texas and hit the road shortly thereafter.
          Tuesday August 18 th ~
     Sang at the "Inland Point" assisted living facility here in North Bend.
          Wednesday August 19 th ~
     Spent some time today doing vehicle repair on the van. Replaced the 30 amp power converter that got fried a few months ago in Ohio. Ron (the Pastor here) very graciously offered to cover the cost of the new part. Almost two hundred dollars. And also had the tools I needed to do the job. Sweet!
          Thursday August 20 th ~
     Having said my goodbyes to these dear folks, I drove down the coast to Bandon, Oregon where I was able to sing for a few residents at the "West Wind Court".
          Friday August 21 st ~
     Ministered at the "Pacific View" assisted living facility here in Bandon for a large group of folks in their assisted living section.
          Saturday August 22 nd ~
     Back to "Pacific View" to sing in their memory care section for about 16 residents.
          Sunday August 23 rd ~
     Attended worship services at the "Restoration Worship Center" here in Bandon where I've been parked for the past few days. These dear folks gave me the opportunity to share a Special.     
    
And so begins another week.


May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive