Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/2-1-2016.html

    As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. "Truly I tell you," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
Luke 21:1-4         
          Monday January 25 th ~

     Attended an early morning men's meeting at the Methodist church here in Ocilla, Georgia. Then back to my friends' Jay & Kathy's house to publish the newsletter.
     The new shock absorbers for the van (which I ordered when I first arrived in Ocilla) came today. To my surprise, J & K had arranged with Lee at the parts store to cover the cost. Sweet!
          Tuesday January 26 th ~
     Tadpole (one of the church members here) is a mobile mechanic working out of a converted ambulance. He came by today and installed the shocks on the van. When he'd finished, I asked him with wallet in hand, "Okay now, what do I owe you?" He answered, "Your company is sufficient". Wouldn't let me pay. 
     What a Blessing!
          Wednesday January 27 th ~
     Said my goodbyes and drove north to Fitzgerald where I was able to minister in the Pruitt Health nursing home facility. Then on to a "Teen Challenge" complex near Dublin, Georgia where a large group of RV'ers were gathered working on major renovations. They were able to squeeze me in for a place to park for the night.
          Thursday January 28 th ~
     Sang at the nursing home in Cochran, Georgia. Then drove a bit further west; thinking I could park at a church building I'd stopped at last year for one night. When I got there, it was gone. Turns out it had been destroyed by fire this past summer.
          Friday January 29 th ~
     Shared with a sweet group of residents at the "Magnolia Manor" in Americus, Georgia.
          Saturday January 30 th ~
     Continuing west, I crossed the border into Alabama.
          Sunday January 31 st ~
     Attended an all Black congregation in Eufaula, Alabama. These beautiful Believers invited me up to share during the service, some songs along with some short messages. What an Honor!
     When I sat down (to my surprise) the pastor announced that the offering they were about to take up would go to this ministry. With a lot of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar bills, these poor folks put together almost a hundred dollars to help me minister in nursing homes. Humbling! 
      
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive