Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/2-29-2016.html

    The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.
Proverbs 16:33         
          Monday February 22 nd ~

     Hartford, Arkansas is a very small town. A little coal mining, a convenience store, but no grocery store. However, they do have a Senior Citizens Center where I was able to access the internet and send out the newsletter.
     Also, the church I connected with many years ago has a small cottage across the street where I can get showers. and since they won't be using it until Wednesday night for classes, I sat up the T.R.S. (temporary recording studio) and started working on a couple of songs.
          Tuesday February 23 rd ~
     One of the church members (Reed) passed on yesterday morning. The pastor (Marshal) asked for a recording of the song I sang Sunday morning titled "Warriors Go Home" written by a pastor (Charlie Denson) in Montana.
     So, I finished it up today and burned it onto a Cd and got it over to him. He told me they were planning on playing it at the funeral Friday.
          Wednesday February 24 th ~
     Finished recording & editing the new song the Lord gave me last week. "Bingo" Click to hear.
     Lunch at the Senior Center, then during evening services I had the opportunity to share with some 30 to 40 kids. Little one's from 2 feet tall to teenagers. It takes 2 trips in the church van to gather these children from homes with little to no spiritual guidance. An awesome ministry in this small town.
          Thursday February 25 th ~
     Drove to Greenwood, Arkansas and sang at the "Golden Years Village" assisted living facility.
          Friday February 26 th ~
     Stopped last night at a church in Havanna where I was able to park and plug-in to run the heater on this 25 degree night. Up early and on to Russellville where I was able to minister in the Alzheimer's section at "Stella Manor".
          Saturday February 27 th ~
     Laundry day. Also, not feeling well.
          Sunday February 28 th ~
     Seems like I've picked up a Bug (Chest Cold), which means I can't expose folks in nursing homes until it passes. So, I drove to a cheap ($10 a night) campground I know of in Jonesboro, Arkansas to ride out the storm with aspirin, lots of fluids and bed rest.
  
And so begins another week.


May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive