Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12, 2016

Cousin Ricci
"First Baptist Church"   Dodson, Louisiana













 
 
 
Greetings,
For Newsletter with music and pictures click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/12-12-2016.html

    Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:3, 4
          Monday December 5 th ~
     Started off this week in Yoakum, Texas where many of my extended family live. A few days ago one of my aunts (Leona) passed on. Being nearby allowed me to attend the funeral which presented the opportunity to see a bunch of kinfolk I haven't seen in quite some time.
          Tuesday December 6 th ~
     Drove northeast to cousin Don & Sue Ellen's place for a wonderful meal and visit.
          Wednesday December 7 th ~
     Continued to northeast Texas. Seems like I picked up a common cold last week which has been keeping me out of nursing homes until it passes.
          Thursday December 8 th ~
     A relaxing day in a cheap campground dealing with cold symptoms.
          Friday December 9 th ~
     Drove on into Louisiana staying out of nursing homes for a few more days.
          Saturday December 10 th ~
     One more day of rest. Feeling much better.
          Sunday December 11 th ~
     What an uplifting day.
          Pulled up to the "First Baptist Church" in Dodson, Louisiana where the folks gave me such a wonderful Spiritual Embrace, it humbled me. These dear Believers who have never met me before, invited me to share during the service, giving me most of the sermon time. And even took up a Love Offering for the ministry.
     Several treated me to lunch out, gave me a place to park overnight at the church and even opened up the Parsonage next door so I could access the shower facilities.
     What an awesome example of love and hospitality.
    
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive