Sunday, February 19, 2017

February 20, 2017

Western Wall Jerusalem

Western Wall Jerusalem

In the West Bank

car rental

Masada

Masada

Jordian Desert
Greetings,
For Newsletter with music and pictures click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/2-20-2017.html

    I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Psalm 104:33

          Monday February 13 th ~
     Awoke this morning in Tel Aviv, Israel. Still pumped, operating on very little sleep. Spent the first half of the day walking around the area south of the apartment I'm renting, thinking it was north. A bit turned around.
     Found a place nearby to get some pita bread and fruit. At noon a very short cat nap. Then wondered on the north side of my location. Got semi lost coming back. Just about worn out. Feet, back and brain aching.
          Tuesday February 14 th ~
     Rained on and off all day and night. Heavy at times. Got out in it for about five hours. Now know where I can rent a car and also where I can buy a guitar. At the last minute I had decided to leave mine in the States, not wanting to pay the extra baggage fees. Looks like I'll have to spend about the same amount after all. Lesson learned.
     Still dealing with sleep patterns out of wack. And struggling to manage blood sugar highs and lows.
          Wednesday February 15 th ~
     Walked to the music store and bought a low-end Fender acoustic guitar with a gig bag you can carry like a back pack. May or may not be able to minister while here, but now I've got the tool, if the opportunity arises.
     Walked to a High Rise nursing home. No luck. Activity director only there on Sundays. Prominent language barrier.
     Walked back to the apartment, just about worn out. Got online and ordered the rental car (20% discount online). Walked to their lot an hour before they close for the day. And got mobile.
          Thursday February 16 th ~
     Packed up. Checked out. On the road again.
     Cold, rainy day. Drove to Jerusalem. Navigated through the heavy traffic to the "Jerusalem Gate Hotel". Parked in their underground garage. Got checked in and wondered around the immediate area getting my bearing's.
     A few days ago at the airport, and again here at the bus station, I was approached by taxi drivers (hustlers) and cursed by them when I wouldn't bite.
          Friday February 17 th ~
     Up early. Took the light rail train to the Old City. Entered through the Jaffa Gate. Met a locale who gave me a personal tour. Paid him a hundred Shekels ($27). Probably saw and understood more than I would have alone.
     Being there so early, I was able to beat the crowds which arrive later. And was able to enter places (like David's Tomb) before they close to tourist at noon on Fridays for Shabbat.
     After the Western Wall, I came out the Dung Gate overlooking the Kidron Valley and the City of David. Back into the Old City through the Lions Gate. By the time those crowds were showing up, I was pretty much worn out from all the walking. Left through the Damascus Gate. Caught the rail train back to the hotel for one more night in Jerusalem.
          Saturday February 18 th ~
     Shabbat! Didn't sleep well. A high pitch beeping sound near my room occurred throughout the night. Got down to the breakfast room at 6:30 am.
     Shortly after I was back in my room the power went out for about an hour. Felt for and prayed for anyone stuck in the elevators.
     On the road by mid-morning. Light traffic (due to the Sabbath?) Drove south, my route taking me through a check point into the West Bank. An armed soldier was nearby, but no one was manning the booth. Further south, crossed another check point leaving the WB. This one was more populated and did check my passport.
     Eventually arrived at Arad, a small town east of Be'er Sheva. Had some difficulty finding the Guest House I'd booked online. More of a language barrier here seeking directions. Once found, turned out to be a nice place in a nice neighborhood.
          Sunday February 19 th ~
     No churches around here that I can find. So, I drove a short way (17  Kilometers) and spent some time climbing "Masada", overlooking the Dead Sea. Back at the guest house I took the guitar into the courtyard and sang for a bit.
    
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive