Sunday, August 19, 2018

Brookings, Oregon

Southern Oregon Coast
   A song of ascents. I lift up my eyes to the mountains-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1, 2
            

          Monday August 13 th ~
     Ministered in the main activity room at "Pacific View" in Bandon, Oregon.
          Tuesday August 14 th ~
     Shared with a sweet group of residents in the memory care section at "Pacific View".
     Enjoyed a sweet time of fellowship with some folks from the "Restoration" church during dinner at the home of friends' Larry & Denise.
          Wednesday August 15 th ~
     Sang at "Harmony Estates".  The nurses were pleasantly welcoming. But when I started setting up in the dinning room (as in the past) the cook viciously attacked me verbally. I went back to the nurses who apologized indicating that this is the nature of that lady. So, we decided to set up in a room on the other end of the facility.
     I can't help but be concerned about the effect that "Nature" has on the residents. Something to pray about?
          Thursday August 16 th ~
     Took a day off.
          Friday August 17 th ~
     The ministry's 14 year anniversary! On August 17, 2004 I sang in a facility in Austin, Texas and hit the road shortly thereafter.
     Today I drove into Brookings, Oregon to the "Good Samaritan" nursing home where I've been allowed to park through the weekend. Sang for the folks, ran to the grocery store, got a public shower down at the beach, then settled in back at the nursing home.
          Saturday August 18 th ~
     A day of rest.
          Sunday August 19 th ~
     Attended worship services at the Baptist church across the street where I was given the opportunity to share a Special.

And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!

Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

To Donate (Love Offering) Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive