Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Macomb, Missouri

"Corinth Baptist Church" Macomb, Missouri
Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Throughout the years, as I've traveled around the country, I have noticed an interesting phenomenon:
For the most part, I connect with folks I haven't seen in a year. When I arrive I receive a wonderful welcome in the form of a warm handshake, smile and even a sweet hug. Followed by time spent with those I haven't been around for quite a while.

I have been invited over for meals, taken out to eat, asked to high school football games and even went inline skating once. I've been given the honor of sharing a bit during traditional worship services. But those Services take up a very small amount of time (in a week's worth of time) of our walk as Believers.

Over the years those feelings of appreciation, admiration and yes Love, have grown to the point where I get excited, anticipating the reunion---renewed fellowship as I approach a given area.

I suspect that as we near the end of this rather unusual episode in our lives, we will have come to long-for and crave that aspect of connection/fellowship. Which very few of us get enough of.

So, perhaps there is untapped (joy, happiness, fulfillment, etc.) available to us in God's Kingdom. This side of heaven, for those of us who need it more, most. And maybe we can make a determined effort to arrange more time for this much needed (Fellowship) activity.

Something to look forward to!

May God Bless You!
Yours in Christ,
Larry Eugene Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive