Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter go to;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/11-11-2013.html

   
"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
Luke 12:4,5
         
          Monday November 4 th ~
      In Glenwood, Arkansas I was able to access the internet at a cheap motel to publish the newsletter.
          Tuesday November 5 th ~
     Sang at the "Oak Park Village" retirement center for seven residents here in Glenwood. Then continued west to an Army Corp campground for the night.
          Wednesday November 6 th ~
     Crossed the border into Oklahoma to the town of Idabel. Walked into the "Hill Nursing Home" where a small group from the local Methodist church was about to minister. They invited me to join them. The staff made the effort to gather residents, so that we had a sweet time of Praising the Lord.
     Afterwards, David (who I found out later is the pastor) told me they had arranged to put me up in a motel for the night. Wow! He then proceeded to invite me to lunch, top off the van's gas tank, and even slipped me a twenty.
     The time we were able to spend together in Christian fellowship served to lift my Spirit. What a blessing, to give and receive that "Spiritual Embrace".
          Thursday November 7 th ~
     Drove to Hugo, Oklahoma where I was able to minister at the "Baptist Village" nursing home. First in the activity room, before a scheduled Bible Study led by some ladies from a local church, then over to the Alzheimer's Unit for about eight residents.
          Friday November 8 th ~
     Crossed the border to Fort Worth, Texas.
     I rarely go into major metropolitan areas, mainly because it can be very difficult finding a place to park overnight. That is unless I have a local host/contact. This time I thought one had been provided, but unfortunately it failed to materialize. Then I was denied overnight parking three times, at a Walmart, a truck-stop and a church. Finally, the Spirit led me to an Army Corp of Engineers campground on the southwest outskirts of the city where I was able to settle in for the night after this rather discouraging day. ------- Mountains and Valleys.
          Saturday November 9 th ~
     Continued south to the small town of Hico, Texas where I discovered their city park with overnight parking and a heated shower house.
          Sunday November 10 th ~
     After showering, I headed out of the park to start looking for a church to attend. As I was leaving, I spotted a fella by the pavilion unloading some gas grills. Stopped to say hi and guess what. Turned out to be a large (60 member) church group scheduled to have a pancake breakfast followed by an outdoor worship service. I got invited to stay, and was even given the honor of sharing a Special and some testimony about the ministry during the service. Lovely group of believers.
         
And so begins another week.  

May The Lord Our God

Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Yours in Christ, Larry
Book        Cd's        mp3 Downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive