Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;

www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/10-27-2014.html

   Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.
Proverbs 4:5, 6

          Monday October 20 th ~
     Started off this week in Espanola, New Mexico where I've been parked at the Baptist church doing some recording work over the past few days. I was able to finish the editing on "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross". Click to Hear.
     Published the newsletter from their wifi.
     Packed-up the recording equipment and drove to Albuquerque, New Mexico where I hooked up with Jerry & Annette, founders of the "Faith Comes By Hearing" ministry.
          Tuesday October 21 st ~
     Breakfast with Jerry & Annette at "Beulah Retreat" where they live a few miles south of Albuquerque on several acres. There are several houses and a large barn which has been converted into their living quarters, including several guest rooms for visiting missionary's.
     After saying my goodbye's I drove south to Socorro, New Mexico where I was able to minister at the "Good Samaritan" nursing home, first in the Alzheimer's Unit, then in the main dinning room for a slightly larger group.
          Wednesday October 22 nd ~
     In Quemado, New Mexico I hooked up with old friends Kenny & Laurie. I first met this wonderful family about the third year into the ministry as I was driving through the Datil Mountains. I attended the church they were pasturing. Got invited to sing during the service and afterwards they had me back to their house to park overnight.
     The next morning was a holiday. They were both school teachers so they had the day off work. Laurie went to the store and came back to make a T-Bone steak and egg breakfast. Yum! Afterwards while sitting around the table visiting, Kenny turns to me and in a very humble way, offers their minivan for the ministry.
     Now for the first two years I'd been using a 1991 Dodge Caravan which burned about a quart of oil every two hundred miles. Theirs was a 1997 Dodge Caravan. Same make and model, only six years newer and in great shape. So the bed I'd built and the curtains moved right over with very little adjustment.
     I used that vehicle for the next four years. Got it up to 224,000 miles before the next one showed up.
          Thursday October 23 rd ~
     Spent time visiting with these dear friends.
          Friday October 24 th ~
     Attended the Quemado Senior Center's second annual "Christian Singing" event. I'd been given the honor of leading off the music with a couple of sing-along medleys and my one minute sermon. Then I just kicked back listening to the other folks who contributed.
          Saturday October 25 th ~
     A day of rest.
          Sunday October 26 th ~
     Drove across the border into Arizona, to the "Bee Hive" assisted living home in the town of Eager where I was able to minister with the folks. I noticed that of the thirteen residents, only one was picked up for a church service outside the home.
     Then over to the Calvary Church where I enjoyed the honor of sharing some songs and message during the worship service. Lunch with my host, then fifty miles back to Quemado for the evening.   
    
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive