Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;

www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/1-12-2015.html

   Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
Romans 8:33, 34

          Monday January 5 th ~
     Began this week in Elba, Alabama where I published the newsletter from the coffee house run by folks at the Covenant Community Church. Then drove to Enterprise, Alabama and ministered at the "Wynnwood" assisted living facility for some sweet folks.
     Spent the afternoon at an auto repair shop. I'd met the owner (Bruce) a couple of days ago at a delayed Christmas party in Elba. As a donation, he had one of his employe's replace a squeaking idler pulley and leaking rear differential plug on the van. May God Bless Him!  I parked there for the night.
          Tuesday January 6 th ~
     Crossed the border into Georgia to Donaldsonville in time to minister at the "Seminole Manor". Then as I was headed out of town I spotted the "Senior Center" with many cars in the lot, and was moved to stop. They gave me permission to come in and sing before lunch. Some thirty folks enthusiastically sang along, and about half-way through I was told that my meal had been paid for. I responded with, "Not the first time I've sung for my dinner".
          Wednesday January 7 th ~
     Took the day off at an Army Corp Campground.
          Thursday January 8 th ~
     Sang at the "Pinewood Nursing Center" in Whigham, Georgia for an ethnically diverse group of residents.
     It's been four or five years since I was in this facility, which may explain why I was both humbled and encouraged when the activity director greeted me by name.
     Continued east to the town of Quitman and hooked up with some old friends.
          Friday January 9 th ~
     Sang at the nursing home in Quitman for a group of residents in a large upstairs room. This facility has a closed circuit camera and microphone in the ceiling, which allows folks confined to their rooms to view activities.
          Saturday January 10 th ~
     Attended an early morning Bible Study with one group of men, then to another Bible Study with a different group. Bugged out early from that one to get over to the "Presbyterian Retirement Community" where I'd been invited to come share during the sermon time of their weekly worship service.
          Sunday January 11 th ~
     Attended the Methodist church in Quitman where I enjoyed the honor of sharing some songs in the first and second services.
     Spent the afternoon with a Brother (Terry) from the Crosspoint church, watching some football playoffs.
    
And so begins another week.


May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive