Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/6-1-2015.html

   The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered. Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.
Proverbs 17:27, 28

          Monday May 25 th ~
     Memorial Day!
          Published the newsletter from the Nazarene church in Logansport, Indiana. Then joined the pastor (Jeff) for lunch at their house. Followed by a rare afternoon nap back in the van. Then attended the evening Revival service going on this week.
          Tuesday May 26 th ~
     Said my goodbyes and drove to Kokomo, Indiana to the "Friendship Haven" retirement community where I was able to sing for the folks and visit my friend Mary Ellen.
          Wednesday May 27 th ~
     Crossed into Ohio and sang in the Alzheimer's section of the "Van Wert Manor". Then on to the town of Willard where I plugged in at the Assembly of God church. A mild disaster struck!
     Best we can figure is: This is the first time someone plugged into the 30 amp RV outlet installed a while back, incorrectly. They wired it 220 instead of the proper 110. Fried the electronics in my power converter and the microwave. Thankfully the air conditioner and frig survived.
          Thursday May 28 th ~
     Headed north stopping at an RV place where an unfriendly old codger took a quick look at the converter, grudgingly giving me a little information to work with. I decided not to let them fool with it and continued northeast crossing the corner of Pennsylvania into New York State.
     Found a family campground with a friendly maintenance man (Todd) who took a look with his voltage meter helping me isolate the damaged converter which got some electrical outlets working. Wouldn't let me pay him for his effort.
          Friday May 29 th ~
     Continuing east, I stopped in Olean, New York and ministered at the "Eden Heights" facility. First in the main activity area, then back in the memory care section.
          Saturday May 30 th ~
     Drove to Oneonta, New York to meet Jim & Sharon for the first time. For many years they've been ministering in nursing homes in their area. A few years ago they stumbled onto my website and began communicating. A few months ago I felt that it was time to loop into the northeast and say hi.
          Sunday May 31 st ~
     Accompanied my host to another town where they held a worship service for 40 folks in a nursing home. I too was given the honor of sharing a bit in song and message. On the way back Jim & Sharon stopped at a Walmart to purchase a microwave for me. May God Bless Them!  
    
And so begins another week.


May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive