Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015



   Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.
Proverbs 3:25, 26

          Monday June 1 st ~
     Published the newsletter from the home of my host Jim & Sharon here in Oneonta, New York. Then, using Jim's tools, I spent the rest of the day doing cabinet alteration to accommodate and secure the new microwave they provided.
          Tuesday June 2 nd ~
     Said my goodbyes to this sweet couple. Drove down the street to the "Chestnut" nursing home here in Oneonta where I was able to minister. Then on the road again.
          Wednesday June 3 rd ~
     Driving north I stopped in Boonville, New York and sang at the "Sunset" nursing home.
          Thursday June 4 th ~
     Crossed the border into Canada where the border patrol put me through the ringer. Searching the van and questioning me for quite some time trying to come to an understanding of my "Out-of-the-Box" lifestyle.
     Eventually, in the end, I was grudgingly allowed to enter the country. They even told me I could sing in nursing homes and churches, but I couldn't do any "Real Work".
     Drove north to Smiths Falls, Ontario and ministered at the "Willowdale" facility where I was enthusiastically received.
          Friday June 5 th ~
     Made the turn west, stopping in the small town of Cobden where I was able to share at the "Caresant Care" retirement home.
          Saturday June 6 th ~
     Drove a bit further west to a private campground where I got in a nice long walk and some R & R.
          Sunday June 7 th ~
     Drove to the town of Mattawa where I attended the "St. Alban the Martyr" Anglican Church. The Priest-in-Charge (Karen) gave me fifteen minutes during the service to share in song, testimony and message. And at the coffee and cake fellowship afterwards they even slipped me a little something for the ministry.
    
And so begins another week.


May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive