Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2, 2015

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/11-2-2015.html

   I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
Romans 8:18-21         
          Monday October 26 th ~

     Published the newsletter from the Calvary Chapel in Springerville, Arizona. Then got over to the "Beehive" residential care home where I was able to minister for eleven residents and four staff members.
     Back to the church to finish editing the songs we recorded this past week, then ended the day at the home of dear friends' Kenny & Laurie.
          Tuesday October 27 th ~
     Said my goodbyes to this sweet family and drove to Show Low, Arizona to sing in one of their nursing homes. A couple who were leading a Bible Study invited me to share for about twenty minutes, then I went into the Alzheimer's Unit for bit more.
          Wednesday October 28 th ~
     Drove southwest through the Salt River Canyon bordering the White Mountain Apache Reservation, on down to Globe, Arizona where I sang at the "Heritage" nursing home. As I finished singing "When the Roll is Called up Yonder", one of the lady's asked if she may sing it in the Apache language as I strummed along. Pretty neat!
     Continued on west to Apache Junction to say hi to old friends' Les & Judy.
          Thursday October 29 th ~
     Turned southeast, stopping in Benson, Arizona to share in the Alzheimer's section of the Good Samaritan. Once again, I had to stop at one point to ask some staff members to tone-it-down, pointing out that their loud talking was causing a distraction for the residents.
     I've learned over the years to be gentle when I do this. I suspect these dear children simply don't know any better. In general, they almost always apologize and change their behavior, once they realize what they've been doing.
          Friday October 30 th ~
     Having crossed into New Mexico, I hooked up with friends at the Bethel Baptist church in Deming where they have a place for me to park and plug-in. They even have a shower and washer & dryer in the building.
     I was given keys to the front door as well as one of the unused classrooms for recording. So I sat-up the T.R.S. (temporary recording studio) and started working.
          Saturday October 31 st ~
     Joined a men's breakfast fellowship where I was invited to share about the ministry. Then some more recording work back at the church, followed by a little afternoon rest before ending the day with this group's Trunk-or-Treat event.
          Sunday November 1 st ~
     Attended morning worship services at Bethel where I had the opportunity to contribute a Special.
     Lunch with dear friends' Phil & Paula.
     Then to the evening service at the First Baptist church where they gave me the whole hour to sing, share about the ministry, preach and answer questions. What an honor!
    
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive