Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23, 2015

Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/11-23-2015.html

   I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, Holy One of Israel. My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you-- I whom you have delivered.
Psalm 71:22, 23         
          Monday November 16 th ~

     Drove a short way (60 miles) across southeast New Mexico. A major storm coming through with high winds. Stopped in Tatum (a small town with a free city campground) to ride out the storm.
     Sent out the weekly update yesterday, but unable to publish it on the website. Turned out that the web-host (yahoo) was making changes which would not allow editing until they'd gotten their act together.
          Tuesday November 17 th ~
     Drove south to Lovington, New Mexico and sang at the "Good Samaritan" nursing home. Then on to a campground in Hobbs which had wifi where I was able to publish the newsletter on the website.
          Wednesday November 18 th ~
     Crossed into Texas to the town of Seminole where I was able to minister at their rather large nursing home.
          Thursday November 19 th ~
     Drove a couple hundred miles across west Texas. A lot of "Oil Boom'n" going on.
          Friday November 20 th ~
     In Kerrville, Texas I was allowed to share at the "Villagio" memory care facility for a sweet group of folks.
          Saturday November 21 st ~
     Hooked up yesterday with friends at the "Trinity Church" in Center Point, Texas. They gave me the use of the double wide mobile home behind the church which is nowadays used for classes on Sunday.
     Before daybreak I sat-up the T.R.S. (temporary recording studio) in the master bedroom and recorded the final song ( "Power in the Blood" Click to hear. ) for the Cd I've been working on. Finished by mid-afternoon. Packed the equipment back into the van and started thinking about designing the jacket cover for this Cd number eleven.
          Sunday November 22 nd ~
     Attended worship services here at Trinity where I was given the opportunity to share in song and testimony, including a short slide presentation about the Australian Mission Trip. Followed by lunch with some of the members.
     Then in the evening, several of the local churches gathered at the school cafeteria for a Thanksgiving fellowship meal. I enjoyed the honor of leading some medleys we could all sing along with. 
    
And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive