Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8, 2016













Greetings,
For this week's newsletter click on;
www.nursinghomemusicministry.com/8-8-2016.html

    Pure and faultless religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
James 1:27
    
          Monday August 1 st ~
     Published the newsletter from the Foursquare Church in Lincoln City, Oregon and had a nice long visit with the pastor, my dear friend Darrell.
          Tuesday August 2 nd ~
     Drove south to Newport, Oregon and sang at the nursing home in town. Had lunch with my Sister in Christ (Robin) who has now been trained and licensed as a message therapist. She has a nice set-up in a doctor's office and bless her heart, she gave me my first ever professional therapeutic message. Seemed to ease the back pain issue I've been dealing with for the past few weeks.
     The Nazarene church allowed me to stay overnight in their parking lot of this very busy tourist town.
          Wednesday August 3 rd ~
     Up at 3:00 am to get over to the Studio for an interview with Scott, owner of the Christian radio station in town.
     Breakfast with Sister Robin. Then drove south to Yachts, Oregon to the "Sea Aire" assisted living facility where I shared with a sweet group of folks. I was given a spot to park in their lot overnight and even access to an empty room to shower.
          Thursday August 4 th ~
     Drove to Reedsport, Oregon and ministered at the nursing home attached to the hospital for eight residents.
          Friday August 5 th ~
     Folks at the Reedsport Foursquare Church have for many years now given me a place to park and access to the building. So today I took care of some laptop work and attended a men's BBQ fellowship in the evening.
          Saturday August 6 th ~
     Resting up, along with a bit of hiking.
          Sunday August 7 th ~
     At the worship service this morning, Terry (the pastor) gave me fifteen minutes to share in song, message and testimony. Then treated me to lunch.
     Early afternoon I drove out to "Loon Lake" to spend a little time with some of the church members who'd invited me to an impromptu picnic.

And so begins another week.

May The Lord Our God
Guard, Guide And Direct You.
In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!


Your Brother in Christ, Larry Eugene Stevens

P.S.    To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive