Sunday, January 8, 2023

Contentment

Contentment 

Single/married, wealthy/poor, young/old, etc/etc. 

I like the way he puts it in Philippians:
    Actually, I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
   In every situation in life there are pros and cons. Positive and negative aspects to that particular situation. The secret to contentment is to focus on the positive aspects of your situation and simply deal with the negative. Don't ignore the negative, deal with it. But try not to focus on the negative. Focus on the positive aspects of your situation. 
   For myself on the subject of being single or married, I have learned over the years to focus and think about and yes enjoy the positive aspects of being single. Doesn't mean I don't long for the comfort of a good wife, but I try not to focus on what I don't have. And I would hope and believe and work towards taking the same approach if I were married, focusing on the positive aspects of that situation. Allowing, helping and encouraging that love to grow. 
   Now, throw into the mix the fact of being a child of God with a future of being in a place that is indescribably beautiful (Heaven), an awesome Immortal Body, Surrounded by Love Forever. 
   This helps me deal with the bad things that happen in this life.
    I suppose that the trials and tribulations of this life are not worthy to be compared to the riches and glory to come.
   So, whatever is pure, whatever is Noble, if anything is Honorable or praiseworthy, think on these things. 

The secret to contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive