Thursday, January 12, 2023

Insulin

January 12, 1922 

   On this date 101 years ago the first insulin shot was given to a human, changing type 1 diabetes from a death sentence to a manageable disease. 

   While in my forties I became a type 1 diabetic, in my case called adult onset diabetes. Taking insulin shots every day for twenty years now.
   For over eighteen years I've had the privilege of sharing the good news gospel of eternal life with God in heaven through faith in his son Jesus.
   I have to believe that the good Lord put me into this world at this particular time, for his glory. 

There's a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die....... 

When my bones were being formed, carefully put together in my mother's womb, when I was growing there in secret, you knew that I was there— you saw me before I was born. 

Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive