Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Datil, New Mexico

A Tough Day

      On Monday October 28th I started off with a rather unpleasant encounter in the morning.
 
     Then drove into New Mexico for a few hours, to the bump-in-the-road town of Datil in time to attend the noon Fellowship and Bible Study at the Cowboy Church I stumbled onto last year.
 
     These dear folks gave me an opportunity to share in song and testimony for a bit. They also gave me permission to park overnight at their RV spot on the property like last year.
 
     In the afternoon a very angry lady came aggressively knocking on the camper demanding that I leave. I tried to explain but she would not believe or accept that I had permission.

      I didn't argue, simply left.
 
     I could have gone over to the other church in this small town where I'd ministered in previous years. They'd given me an open invitation to stay anytime. But I was so disheartened and uncomfortable at the time, that I drove another sixty miles down out of the mountains arriving in Socorro just after dark.
 
     It amazes me how much these things hurt.
 
     Interesting that the subject at the Bible Study had to do with Spiritual Warfare.
 
Look for these messages on the Blog and Facebook.

To send a friend request on Facebook search my full name.
Larry Eugene Stevens.


May God Bless You!
Yours in Christ, Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive