Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Springerville, Arizona


Kenny & Laurie

      This past weekend I enjoyed spending time with old friends' Kenny & Laurie. Now Pastors at the Calvary Chapel in Springerville, Arizona. Got to share a bit during Sunday's service, helped stack firewood a little bit at Saturday's men's fellowship and sang in the local assisted living facility Friday.

Backstory:
                         
      Thirteen years ago, the second year in the ministry, I was passing through this general area on a Sunday. When I showed up at the church they were serving in at the time. They gave me the opportunity to share during the service and invited me back to their house to park overnight and shower.
 
     As we drove there, they noticed that the old van I was using (1991 Dodge Caravan) spewed a lot of smoke out the tailpipe. Later we laughed about the fact that it used a quart of oil every two-hundred miles like clockwork.
 
     The next morning Laurie cooked up a T-Bone steak and egg breakfast. Yum!    Afterward while sitting at the dinning room table visiting, Kenny very humbly said to me, “If you want it, we'd like to offer you our minivan for your ministry”.
 
     Wow! What a gift! A 1997 Dodge Caravan. Six years newer and in great shape. Same make and model, so the bed I'd built and the curtains moved right over.
 
     We simply traded titles. He gave mine to a Pastor on the reservation who used it for another year before it finally broke.
 
     I used his for the next four years, got it up to 226,000 miles before the next one showed up.
 

Look for these messages on the Blog and Facebook.

To send a friend request on Facebook search my full name.
Larry Eugene Stevens.


May God Bless You!
Yours in Christ, Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive