Monday, October 14, 2019

Lacrosse, Kansas

Mark
      Yesterday I attended the “First Christian Church” in Lacrosse, Kansas where the Pastor (Mark) gave me a 10 to 15 minute opportunity to share in song and message during the service.
      At the end of the service while going through their announcements Mark asked me to do the nursing home service in town which he was scheduled for at 2:00 pm.
      So after sharing a meal at a nearby restaurant with a group from the church, I got over to the “Locust Grove” facility and had a wonderful time with about twenty residents.

Background:
      Quite a few years ago I stopped in this town on a Wednesday and sang in their nursing home attached to the hospital. The activity director called her Pastor (Mark) encouraging him to come meet me. Which he did.
      Turned out that on Wednesday afternoons they gathered a group of about 50 children (mostly little tykes) for a service followed by a meal. Mark asked me if I'd do the service for them.
      Well I figured right off that singing old gospel songs was not going to work. So, I did just a couple of “Jesus Loves Me” type songs, told them what I do in simple terms, then opened it up to question & answer.
      It worked very well. Seems like just about every child had a question. They stayed focused and relatively quiet.
      Now this was back when I was living in the minivan. So many of their questions were due to their fascination over someone living that way.
      They were so sweet and absorbed. Needless to say this is a special memory for me.
 
Look for these messages on the Blog and Facebook.

To send a friend request on Facebook search my full name.
Larry Eugene Stevens.


May God Bless You!
Yours in Christ, Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive