Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Osceola, Nebraska

Bill & Jo
      During the beginning of the ministry, while using the first minivan (about fifteen years ago) I was passing through the small town of Osceola, Nebraska when I noticed a city park with a couple of free RV spots with a three day limit.
      So I pulled in, put up the curtains and started reading a book. Not long afterwards I heard someone pull up, walk over and ask, “ Are you alright? ”.
     I never looked out, just simply answered, “Yes I'm okay”.
      If memory serves, I sang in the town's nursing home the next morning and continued on down the road.
      Years later I again passed through that same town. I pulled into the city park and noticed what appeared to be an employee in a city truck driving around. So stopping beside him, I told him what I do and asked if there was a place in town where I could get a shower.
      He immediately answered, "Yes, my house".
      He had me follow him to his house, introduced me to his wife (Jo), insisted I park there at the house overnight and it being close to the weekend he connected me with the Pastor of his church paving the way for an opportunity to share a bit during the upcoming Sunday service.
      When I shared with local folks about what Bill had done the common response was, “Yep, that's Bill”.

P.S. Turned out, it was Bill who had stopped to ask if I was alright all those years ago.
 
Look for these messages on the Blog and Facebook.

To send a friend request on Facebook search my full name.
Larry Eugene Stevens.


May God Bless You!
Yours in Christ, Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nursing Home Music Ministry

Blog Archive